My Privacy Rights
CHOICES WE OFFER
STATE LAW PRIVACY RIGHTS
EXERCISING YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
American Bath Group and its subsidiaries (ABG Hospitality, AKER by MAAX, Aquarius, Aquatic, Bootz, Briggs Bath, Clarion, Coastal, Comfort Designs, Dreamline, Hamilton, Laurel Mountain, MAAX Bath, MAAX Spas, Renovative Bath Systems, Swan and all other secondary brands) (“ABG”, “we” or “us”) respects your expectation of privacy as you visit AmericanBathGroup.com and all related websites and mobile applications (“Apps”) that link to this page.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. Here, you can learn about the various decisions you may make about your Personal Information use and disclosure.
CHOICES WE OFFER
Text Messages. You can stop receiving SMS messages by replying STOP to any of our messages.
In-App Push Notification. You can stop receiving in-app push notifications in our Apps by adjusting your Notification Settings through our Apps or your device settings.
Mailings. You can stop receiving postal mail by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own products and services, or third parties’ products or services, you may also opt-out of further marketing communications by replying to any promotional email we have sent you or following the opt-out links on that message. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Do Not Track Signals. Our Website is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Global Privacy Control. Our website may not be designed to respond to Global Privacy Control signals. If this is implemented, it will display for you on your browser. If this is implemented, please note that this is device-specific and browser-specific. We will not send any tracking technologies or cookies if you use Global Privacy Control. If you’d like to exercise any other data rights or would like more information about how our website works with Global Privacy Control, you can send us an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form.
Online Account Holders. You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com or submit this form to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
User Contributions. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Notice of Financial Incentive. We may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by state privacy laws that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels, such as offering coupons, discounts, promotions, other price reductions, or promotional offers for products and services in exchange for providing your Personal Information. Any financial incentive we offer will comply with state privacy laws and will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects.
Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. Do not provide your Personal Information if you do not want to opt in to these offers. After you receive a promotional offer, you may opt-out by contacting us as specified. For more information, please see Exercising Your Privacy Rights.
California Disclosures. If you are a California resident, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures. You may also submit a request through this form or by calling this toll-free number: 1-888-914-9661 (PIN Code: 715831). Additionally, California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code Section 1798.83, permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not engage in this practice. If you have questions, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form.
STATE LAW PRIVACY RIGHTS
For purposes of this section, we follow the language of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act, to describe a consumer’s rights under the CCPA and other state comprehensive privacy laws.
California and Virginia may provide their residents with rights to request:
- The right to know, meaning the right to know, access, or confirm what Personal Information we have collected or processed about you, including:
- the categories of Personal Information;
- the categories of sources from which we collected it;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, also called the right to data portability, meaning you may have the right to download your Personal Information and transfer it to another business
For California-specific disclosures, please click here.
- The right to delete certain Personal Information that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the information and the purpose for collection.
- If we sell or share your Personal Information, the right to opt-out of this sale or sharing. This includes the right to opt out of Personal Information processing for targeted advertising, personal data sales, or advertising for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. It also includes the right to opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. We only engage in cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising through cookies. We do not otherwise sell or share Personal Information for advertising purposes. We also do not engage in profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. To opt-out of sharing, we will rely on you to set your preferences regarding cookies and other tracking technology. To set your Cookie Preferences, click on the Cookie Preferences link in the footer of your browser.
- If we use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for reasons other than those set forth under the law, the right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for reasons other than the limited purposes allowed under the various state privacy laws.
- The right to non-discrimination. In California, this includes the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights, including an employee’s, applicant’s, or independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their state law privacy rights
Some of these rights are only given to individuals when acting as consumers. Some of these rights do not extend to individuals who are acting in their business capacity or as an employee.
EXERCISING YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
To submit a request to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through this form or by calling this toll-free number: 1-888-914-9661 (PIN Code: 715831). To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: CONSUMER RIGHTS APPEAL.
Upon receiving your request, we may need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
We will acknowledge your request within ten (10) days. We attempt to respond to requests no later than forty-five (45) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out, we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.